iPhone Care Pro Giveaway
What is the “Other” on iPhone storage, and How to Clear It?
What is the “Other” storage on my iPhone?
Based on the official statement of Apple Support Communities, “Other” data is real data including your system files and cached content that you put on your device by using the built-in apps. When you use the phone, “Other” data will grow concurrently. It includes the following items:
- Genius data
- Music catalog and cover art
- Operating system settings
- Messages and attachments
- Safari bookmarks and cache
- Email messages and attachments
- Calendar entries
Though other data is mysterious and seems hard to remove sometimes. There are at least two ways we can recommend you here and help you get rid of the other data.
Way 1: Using third-party tool – iPhone Care Pro for Mac
It is a software that can completely clear junk files, greatly speed up your iPhone.
Tenorshare iPhone Care Pro for Mac promises to clean up all unnecessary files in your iPhone, iPad and iPod and reclaim up to 60% space. Make your iOS system 10X faster after cleanup. Followings are three reasons we choose iPhone Care Pro for Mac.
- For clearing the data, it has to modes — Quick Clean and Deep Clean. They are available to scan and remove junk files quickly and completely.
- One-click to clean up unnecessary files, allow selecting files to remove by your own.
- Support to scan and clean files like call history, messages, browsing history, safari cookies/caches/history, webmail caches, active apps, iOS notifications, app residual files, app cookies/caches/temp files/crash logs, photo caches, iTunes radio caches, user storage files and more.
Open iPhone Care Pro, and connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod to computer, choose Speedup&Clean section on the main interface. Choose Deep Clean to scan iPhone junk files and get rid of these unwanted files permanently.
Way 2: By Manual Setting
Another way to do that is to wipe your iPhone device. The reminder is that, first you should back up up your iPhone data on iTunes. It can help you save all the data just in case there are some data missing during the wiping process.
After than, please go to Settings > General > Reset and choose Erase All Content. Please note that you have to make sure you have backed up all the important data since the process is unrecoverable. Then connect your iPhone device to iTunes and restore from backup.These steps erase all the cookies, temporary files and so on. There may some “other” data left, but it should be significantly reduced.
Here you have two ways to remove “Other” data on iPhone/iPad/iPod. I recommend you iPhone Care Pro which is all-in-one iOS systemcare software to use on Mac OS X computer. More Tenorshare software, please visit: www.tenorshare.com
Ultimate Solution to Repair iOS System
“Repair Operating System” function of Tenorshare iPhone Care Pro provides an easy way to download firmware to fix iOS crash, upgrade failure and any iOS stuck issues. No Data loss. No jailbreak.
- iOS can’t boot properly due to system files loss.
- Can’t receive upgrade notification and fail to upgrade iOS.
- iOS operating system is damaged severely.
- Enter and exit recovery mode or DFU mode but iOS stuck issues still can’t be resolved.